The Los Angeles Rams (4-1) are 7.5-point favorites heading into their matchup on Sunday, October 17, 2021 against the New York Giants (1-4). The total for this game has been set at 49 points.
For more great betting and fantasy insight, join the SI Winners Club Newsletter.
Odds for Rams vs. Giants
- Los Angeles' games this season have gone over 49 points three of five times.
- New York has combined with its opponents to score more than 49 points in two games this season.
- The combined points per game average of the two teams, 48.8, is 0.2 points fewer than Sunday's over/under.
- This contest's over/under is two points fewer than the 51 these two squads combine to give up per game in 2020.
- The average total in Rams games this season is 51.4, 2.4 points above Sunday's over/under of 49.
- The 49 total in this game is 4.0 points above the 45.0 average total in Giants games this season.
Rams stats and trends
- Against the spread, Los Angeles is 3-2-0 this year.
- The Rams have been favored by 7.5 points or more once this season and covered the spread.
- Los Angeles has gone over the point total in 80% of its opportunities this year (four times in five games with a set point total).
- The Rams put up just 0.4 more points per game (28.2) than the Giants allow (27.8).
- When Los Angeles puts up more than 27.8 points, it is 2-0 against the spread and 2-0 overall.
- The Rams rack up just 0.4 fewer yards per game (408.2), than the Giants allow per outing (408.6).
- The Rams have five giveaways this season, while the Giants have six takeaways.
- Click over to SISportsbook and find the latest spread, moneyline and total for Los Angeles' matchup with the Giants.
Giants stats and trends
- Thus far this year New York has two wins against the spread.
- New York's games this year have gone over the total in three out of five opportunities (60%).
- This season the Giants average just 2.6 fewer points per game (20.6) than the Rams give up (23.2).
- New York is 2-0 against the spread and 1-1 overall in games when it scores more than 23.2 points.
- The Giants collect just 7.6 fewer yards per game (380.6) than the Rams allow (388.2).
- In games that New York totals over 388.2 yards, the team is 2-0 against the spread and 1-1 overall.
- This year the Giants have five turnovers, one fewer than the Rams have takeaways (6).
Home and road insights
- This season, Giants home games average 44.3 points, 4.7 fewer than this outing's over/under (49).
- The average point total in Rams away games this season is 50.8 points, 1.8 more than this matchup's over/under (49).
Powered by Data Skrive.
Source : https://www.si.com/betting/2021/10/14/los-angeles-rams-vs-new-york-giants-nfl-week-6-odds-plays-insights585